What is the EAP?
Our EAP is all about connecting our members to better health and wellbeing, by supporting expats with all aspects of working abroad. The EAP is provided by our partner, Morneau Shepell, and includes professional consultation and information services.
Our members can receive support and counselling, either in person, over the telephone or online. Counsellors are specialists in the area they give advice and are culturally aligned to members’ nationality and location.
In addition, the service includes a database of online resources to help expats manage their work-life and personal wellbeing while working abroad. It’s totally confidential and we have no knowledge of which services our members use, or how much they use them, so it will never affect premiums.
Our EAP service can help members with:
- Cope with isolation and loneliness
- Adapt to a new country and lifestyle
- Identify and deal with culture shock
- Deal with stress, anxiety and depression
- Address alcohol and drug misuse
- Resolve marital and relationship difficulties
- Find solutions for work-related issues
- Access crisis and trauma support while on assignment